TI : A study on the radiosensitivity and chemosensitivity of A-253 cell line in vitro
AU : Lee JH; Hwang EH; Lee SR
AD : Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, College of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University
SO : JKOMFR. 1997;27(2):91-103
ISSN : 1225-049X
PY : 1997
LA : KOREAN
CP : KOREA
AB : The purpose of this study was to aid in the prediction of tumor cell tolerance to radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy. For this study, cell surviving curves were obtained for human epidermoid carcinoma A-253 cell line using semiautomated MTT assay. 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 Gy were irradiated at a dose rate of 210 cGy/min using 60Co Irradiator ALDORADO 8. After irradiation, A-253 cell lines(2x10000 cells/ml) were exposed to bleomycin or cisplatin for 1 hour. The viable cells were determined for each radiation dose with/without 2 ug/ml of drug at the 3rd day. And they were compared to control values.
The results were obtained as follows :
1. The surviving curve with gentle slope was obtained after irradiation of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 Gy on A-253 cell line.
2. The cytotoxicity of bleomycin or cisplatin at the concentration of 2 ug/ml was great on A-253 cell line. But, there was no significant difference between the cytotoxicity of bleomycin and that of cisplatin.
3. There were significant differences of surviving fractions after irradiation with 2 ug/ml of bleomycin compared with irradiation only on A-253 cell line.
4. There were significant differences of surviving fractions after irradiation with 2 ug/ml of cisplatin compared with irradiation only on A-253 cell line.
5. There were no significant differences of surviving fractions between the groups of irradiation with bleomycin and the groups of irradiation with cisplatin on A-253 cell line.