TI : Errors in digitized lateral cephalometric radiography
AU : Jeon SD; Cho BH; Nah KS
AD : Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, College of Dentistry, Pusan National University
SO : JKOMFR. 1997;27(2):105-116
ISSN : 1225-049X
PY : 1997
LA : KOREAN
CP : KOREA
AB : The purpose of this study is to evaluate the cephalometric reproducibility in digitized cephalometric radiography by comparing the measurement errors between the remeasured and retaken conventional and digitized lateral cephalometric radiography. The mean of the differences and error percentage of each cephalometric measurement were obtained using 96 lateral cephalometric radiography from 48 patients between the age of 11 and 13.
The results were as follows;
1. The repeated measurement group of conventional radiography showed least amount of mean differences while those of the retaken measurement group of digitized image showed largest amount of mean differences in every measurement.
2. The measurements which showed statistically significant difference between the conventional radiography and digitized image were S-Go, Ar-Go, S-Ar-Go and S-sN-sNT in repeated measurement group.
3. The measurements which showed statistically significant difference between the repeated and retaken measurement groups were N-S-Ar, MP-L1 and S-sN-sPog in conventional radiography and S-N, Go-Me and N-A in digitized image.
4. Large amount of error percentage was shown at A-N-B and N-A in retaken measurement group of conventional radiography and N-S-Ba and A-N-B in retaken measurement group of digitized image.
5. The amount of error percentage at Ar-Go and N-S-Ar in retaken measurement group of conventional radiography and S-N, N-A, S-N-B and N-S-Ba in retaken measurement group of digitized image was more than double than those from remeasured groups.